Friday, October 16, 2009

I feel so bad.

I feel so bad. I don't know what to do about my sweet baby boy. He was sleeping really well in his own bed before he started teething. Now, when I put him to bed he just starts crying. It just has been recently. I put him down and he cries and cries. The second I pick him up he stops and falls right to sleep. So, I sit in his rocking chair and sing a few primary songs and then put him back carefully. The second he feels me putting him down he freaks. I don't like listening to him cry and I don't want him to cry himself to sleep. It makes me feel bad. I want him to just be happy and sleep good. He just wants to sleep with me and I don't want to get in the habit of sleeping with us. He did so good at transitioning from our bed to his, but when he started to teethe all he wants to do it be with me. I love it, but it wears me out! It doesn't seem to bother him during the day and he will usually get a really good nap, but it is bad at night because I think he focuses on it more....I guess. I don't like to give him Motrin everyday, but when I do it seems to help. He has also been a bit constipated to add on top. Poor kid. It really makes me feel bad! I feel so helpless. I have been sleeping in the guest room too so that we don't wake Peter up and Nixon seems to like that, but again, I don't want to make a habit of it. What should I do to help this sweet boy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

the winegars said...

Ryder is teething too. Not ten minutes ago I was over at my neighbors house to borrow some of her Hyland's brand homeopathic teething tablets. All my neighbors swear by them. I'll let you know how they work. So far so good. Ryder is asleep now. (Everyone that I have talked to say that they like the teething tablets better than orajel.)

Angela said...

I have never tried the teething tablets but have heard other people rave about them too. I have heard they work great. But are you sure he is teething? If this has been going on for awhile now, it may not be teething. Teething can make babies irritable but it really isn't that painful that it should be interfering with their sleep night after night. I bet he's just going through a phase and also forming new habits. He wants his mamma and doesn't want to sleep in his crib alone. Does he have a night light in his room? I hate to listen to Crew cry too but it works after a few nights. He could just be going thru a bout of seperation anxiety. And if he is teething he may not even get a tooth for a couple more months but should still be able to sleep at night. Have you tried the flashlight trick? Get a flashlight and shine it on his gums and you should be able to see his teeth buds right below the gums if it is about to POP! Good luck! Babies are a lot of work and a big guessing game...but oh so worth it.