Well I have been up since 11:42 coughing super hard! I don't know what brought it on. It is driving me crazy! It just all of a sudden hit me hard! I now have a bit of a stuffy nose and I can't stop coughing and my ears are plugged! I am downstairs because I don't want to get Nixon sick. He still sleeps with Peter and I. I know...I know...I should move him into is own bed in his own room, but I love it! Peter and I both agreed that when one of us wants him out that is when we will start the process of slowly putting him in is own bed in his own room. I don't want that day to come though...not yet. I love having him in bed with us! It is so convenient too! I can wake up, change his diaper, then roll over and feed him while I keep sleeping. It's great! Whenever I tell someone with kids that he still sleeps in our room I get so much crap. They tell me that "you will never get him out of your bed" and "if you keep him in your bed he will become more dependent on you" well good. I don't want him out of our bed yet and duh he is a baby and he should depend on me and know that I will always be there. I need to learn on my own what is and what is not good for my baby. And him sleeping with us is the right thing right now. So don't give me crap for our decision to have him sleep in our bed. I will learn on my own and I will suffer the consequences when we do decide to move him out! I am a bit cranky. sorry. I just can't stop coughing and it makes me not sleep. Well, I am going to try to go to bed. Night.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sorry your sick! I kept Scarlett in my bed for a long time and she adjusted just fine to her own bed when it was time! I loved having her in bed with me too....I plan to do the same with the next!
Don't let people give you crap. We had Ryder in our bed with us until just recently and he still sleeps with us every once in a while. We love it too! I catch crap for it too. And I let him sleep on his belly which people also freak out about. If that's the only way your kid will sleep though.. We've tried to get him to sleep on his back and his side, but he will have none of that. He hates it! Chase and I both were belly sleepers when we were babies and we're just fine! Get feeling better Heidi!
are we a bit testy? you go girl, if you want him to sleep with you that is fine and if you want his wife to sleep with you in a few years, well that is fine also! Just kidding, Heidi- that is why there are no rule books, cause we can do things our own way.
hope you get better soon!!!
Yikes! You better go back to sleep! Just kidding! I wouldn't worry about what other people say! He is YOUR BABY for crying out loud! If it works for you and Peter then that is all that really matters. I can't wait to see him again! Don't you love this age (3 months)? It is one of my favorites!
Post a Comment