Friday, June 11, 2010

Lately...




I have probably lost all of my followers ( if I ever had any ) due to my lack in blogging. It has been a crazy few weeks. Nixon has been teething and cranky as ever! He just cut one a few days ago and has one more coming in that I can see. Hopefully he will cut it soon!
As some of you know, I have thyroid problems. A few years ago I had hyperthyroidism and had radiation to kill it. Well, it came back ( which only happens to about 5% of patients ). Fortunately ( or unfortunately, depending on how you look at ) they caught it before my symptoms came back strong. One symptom is loosing weight rapidly which is why I was a little bummed that they caught it so soon. I have been having problems with my weight ever since I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism. After they did the radiation it changed to hypothyroidism which makes it really had to loose weight. I have been so unhappy with my weight and so self conscious about it, but I can't do anything about it. I had an appointment with an endocrinologist here in Vegas and it was pretty much a joke, but I thought that I should just go with him because he was on our insurance. I had a feeling that I should just call my doctor that I was working with in the beginning but stopped because he wasn't on our insurance. Well, as of a week ago he started taking our insurance for one reason or another. I was so excited and canceled my follow up appointment with the other doctor. I hope that after my appointment we will figure something out to do I will get everything worked out and I will get skinny again. So I have that to look forward too! I really need to get skinny before Christmas! I am so excited for Hawaii it's crazy!
For Ellyse's birthday we went to Las Vegas Mini Grand Prix. We had such a good time. Nixon got to go down the HUGE slide, the go carts with daddy, and he went on a small marry go round. He loved it all! It was so funny. Every time we would go back inside he would go straight to the marry go round. It was so cute! Love this boy!
Well. To those who are still reading my blog. Have a wonderful day!
Warning: this video is super long.

3 comments:

Abby said...

That merry go round video is so Nixon. Being crazy and trying to freak you and Peter out. Love it!!!

Melissa said...

I'm still following you. Congrats on the doctor/insurance change. I'm excited to get to see you again (whenever that might be).

Theresa Rodriguez said...

Im still following you. And I love you skinny or fluffy. Im here for ya to eat or workout...whichever you prefer! :) Lets play soon. :)